We’re always working on the Hive experience and the features that we offer. Your Hive Sensor will continue to send alerts to your phone when triggered, just now by push notification instead of text message. The alerts will still pop up in your phone, they just won’t appear in your text message inbox – or clog it up. To receive push notifications:
- Update your Hive iOS or Android app to the latest version, download from the iTunes App Store, Google Play Store or the Amazon Appstore
- Check that ‘Hive Push Notifications’ are switched on in your phone’s notifications or settings menu
A few things to remember:
- You’ll need an iOS or Android phone to receive Hive push notifications – if you have a Windows phone for now you’ll receive text alerts
- Once you’ve updated your Hive app on any device you’ll no longer receive text alerts when your Hive sensor is triggered
- Any existing settings you have to receive text alerts when your Hive sensor is triggered will be replaced by either push notification or email
Don’t forget you can also see a history of all the alerts your sensor has triggered during the past week in your Hive app so you can keep track of what's been going on.