Product ideas

Had an idea for a new Hive Active Heating™ product feature? Our product gurus would love to hear them – post below or vote on what you’d like to see developed next.

So that your feedback wings its way to the right team if you do need technical help or customer service support please email help@hivehome.com.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Geolocation should turn heating off!

Geolocation great idea ruined by the fact it doesn't really do anything useful...
    Instead of notifying you I want the option for it to actually turn heating off or on

2,231 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    343 comments  ·  Geolocation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi there,

While we’ll continue to try and improve the geolocation feature within the Hive app you can now link your Hive to your location through IFTTT. You can see example recipes here: https://ifttt.com/p/hive/shared – hope it helps!

Thanks,
    The Hive team

2. Smarter geolocation

Please can the geolocation function be improved to not only look at the temperature inside your home but also determine if the heating is running or not.

For example in the summer when the app notifies me that I'm leaving the house and the temperature is above 18.5 (which I have set) it's kind of irrelevant as the heating isn't actually running so there is nothing I can do to drop to ambient temperature...

125 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  15 comments  ·  Geolocation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Motion sensor auto activate

Really obvious one but why not an app upgrade that allows the motion sensor to activate based on geolocation I.e. whenever I leave or return to the house the sensor activates/deactivates.

94 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    21 comments  ·  Geolocation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Link the Geolocation to Google Calendar (or other calendar) so it can work with automatically shift patterns

when you work shifts you put it in a digital calendar and the heating/hot water would turn on/off (say 1/2 hour before) automatically due to work shifts

62 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Geolocation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi there,

While we’ll continue to try and improve the geolocation feature within the Hive app you can now link your Hive to your location through IFTTT. You can see example recipes here: https://ifttt.com/p/hive/shared – hope it helps!

Thanks,
    The Hive team

5. 51 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Geolocation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Geolocation and door sensor notifications

Having just installed the door sensor, it became apparent how frustrating the notification text/email for 'door open' and 'door closed' are when your actually in your home.

I know you can turn these off manually - which I have done, now I am at home.

It would be a great idea if the door open/closed notifications can be automatically disabled when the geolocation has you close or in your home.

I will be purchasing another door sensor and another active plug when the motion sensor is finally available for shipment in 2 weeks.

45 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    11 comments  ·  Geolocation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Geolocation + HW

Geolocation should turn hot water on and off not just the heating

26 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Geolocation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi there,

Thanks,
    The Hive team

8. Hive Home Alarm

using geolocation If you are out or on holiday and either your door/window/motion sensors are triggered you then receive notification on your phone. then the smart lights will flash, the camera will activate and record whilst sounding the alarm. the Amazon echo will also sound alarm and speak "intruder alert, you are being recorded and the police are on their way" with all this going on it will confuse the burglar and they will leave. This leaving the need to spend £000s on an alarm, plus if you move you can take it with you.

24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Geolocation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. 22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Geolocation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Geolocation with motion sensor

Allow geolocation to the push for motion sensors to only alert when not at home , if having multiple users alert main user of a sub user activating motion sensor.

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Geolocation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Add Geolocation to light bulbs and plugs

Allow to have your location automatically activate lights and plug at specific times.

For example. If you drive home after work and it's after 1800, your passage or garage lights come on. All lights should switch off if you leave the house.

This needs to be activated for multiple users as if one person leaves and the other is still at home then the lights don't go off.

Thanks

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Geolocation for Hive View

It would be much better if than rather running on just a schedule the Hive Cameras could work on Geolocation - if I leave my house the camera starts monitoring, if I am at home it stops.

It would be great if this could work alongside scheduling so the camera will still record at night for example, but during a period of the schedule that the camera would usually be off if I leave home it comes on and when I come back home it returns to its usual schedule.

It would also be great if this took into account…

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Geo location

Geolocation for the door window and movement sensors to turn off when entering the house to stop them keep going off when at home then auto activation when leaving home

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    11 comments  ·  Geolocation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Geolocation with two mobiles

It would be great to have geolocation covering two mobiles locations, so that when both my and my wife's mobile are away from the house the heating turns off and the motion sensor turns on. I know I can do it via IFFFT and life 360 for the heating, but that is a bit of a faff to be honest and doesn't seem to turn on the motion sensor. Thanks

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Turn Active lights off/on by geolocation

It would be great if the Active lights could turn off by geolocation so if they are on by schedule and I leave the house, the lights go off and then come on again when I return if within schedule or turn on for a specific period of time when I return out of schedule.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Proper Geofencing

Please please implement proper geofencing - I.e when I am 5 miles from home boost heating to 20 degrees. The notifications are worse than
    Useless

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Smaller geolocation for leaving home, larger one for entering

With one Geolocation, the size is the same for both zones. When leaving the house, I really want the heating to turn off ASAP, as soon as I close the door, so a Geolocation of 0.1 miles would be good here. When entering the house, I would like the Geolocation to be larger (8 miles?) so the heating has a chance to warm the house up before I get back. Wouldn't that be cool? :D

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Geolocation for lightbulbs please

When you add this feature I will replace all the bulbs in my house. With kids, I really need them to all turn off when I'm gone!!

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Geolocation on multiple devices

You should be able to enable geolocation on multiple devices. So the heating can be switched on when anyone with geolocation enabled gets home or only switches off when no devices are home/out of geofence.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. 7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)