Product ideas

Had an idea for a new Hive Active Heating™ product feature? Our product gurus would love to hear them – post below or vote on what you’d like to see developed next.

So that your feedback wings its way to the right team if you do need technical help or customer service support please email help@hivehome.com.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Remote light switch

Forget remote bulbs we need remote replacement seiches so we can turn any light on and off when we like via the app. Bulbs are no use as too many different fittings !

4,151 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    under review  ·  440 comments  ·  Future functionality  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add a door bell video camera functionality

With a camera door bell it could link to the hive hub and contact the property owners mobile allowing video calling between phone and unit. It would allow you to see who was at the door and converse directly with them without them knowing whether you were in the property or not. Could have a chime unit in the house. At home it could be just a bell but away from home would act like a security device.

3,348 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  421 comments  ·  Future functionality  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Hive HD Security/Family Camera

It would be really cool to be able to connect a Hive security camera to the hive system so that when away from the house if it detects movement you can view the HD footage from your phone. The camera should also offer night vision for evening movement. It could also double as a baby cam. Having the ability to store an save moments would also add to the appeal as sometimes the funny moments you want to keep happen when the camera is not rolling. I know Nest has this very cool feature, but I know Hive would do…

2,255 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    351 comments  ·  Future functionality  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Alarm and CCTV

To broaden the use of hive so the hub can be used with an alarm and CCTV SYSTEM.

1,256 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    128 comments  ·  Future functionality  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Hive Light Bulbs - Sunset Option

Hive light bulbs can be preprogrammed to turn on and off at a specific time.
    Program a "sunset/sunrise" option that would turn the lights on/off a (user) specific time before or after sunset or sunrise so the timer does not need to be continually adjusted. Great if the home is unoccupied etc

1,210 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    207 comments  ·  Future functionality  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  Hive Product Team responded

Hi there,

We’ve added sunset and sunrise as an input in our new Actions feature. So you can set a bulb or plug to come on or off an hour either side of sunset or sunrise. It will adjust automatically too depending on the time of year.

Sunset and sunrise are available from Android app version 2.4.1 and iOS app version 7.0 onwards. Please make sure your app is up to date to receive the latest features.

Thanks for the feedback!
    The Hive Team

6. Multi bulb use

I have 3 hive bulbs in 1light but it takes up 3 spaces on my hive dash board it would be good if some how you can link the bulbs together so I can control them all at once in one light fitting

1,207 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    199 comments  ·  Future functionality  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  Hive Product Team responded

Hi there,

You can now link bulbs together using Quick Actions to assign an action to a group of bulbs. For example “Lounge Bulbs On” would switch the bulbs in your lounge on using one touch from the dashboard. You can create a Quick Action by tapping the plus button on the bottom right hand side of the dashboard.

Quick Actions are available from Android app version 2.4.1 and iOS app version 7.0 onwards, please make sure your app is up to date to receive the latest features.

Thanks for the feedback!
    The Hive Team

7. Group active light bulbs

Not sure if anyone has posted this but I am a fan of the active lights but it's frustrating when I can't group bulbs at a room level.
    Eg. If I have two lights in the living room, group them together and I can switch on or off together instead of individually as I do at the moment.

910 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  121 comments  ·  Future functionality  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. OK Google. set temp 22 degrees.

Control for Hive thermostat through Google Home/Google Assistant

783 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    191 comments  ·  Future functionality  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. GU10

When is gu10 lamps going to be available, I have noticed that Philips has already launched theirs. I have plenty of gu10 lamps around the house I don't really want to be installing plugs above ceiling.

619 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    92 comments  ·  Future functionality  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. More users on the same app.

Hi
    I own several houses and would contemplate putting a Hive in each but it means having separate emails and logging in and out every time I wanted to sort something. This is inconvenient. You need to enable us to work in the same app by being able to flick from one property to the other without having to log in and out.
    Hope this gets to the right people

592 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    77 comments  ·  Future functionality  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Siri Integration

Hi, if this exists please excuse but do you think it would be possible for Siri to control function settings for temperature, hot water and to set up the schedule?

535 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    85 comments  ·  Future functionality  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Smart hive bulb gentle wake up

I would like your new bulbs to gradually increase in brightness at a certain time of day so it could act as an alarm clock.

476 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    33 comments  ·  Future functionality  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi There

Thanks for getting in touch with a great idea. The more requests we receive the higher up the priority list this will go, so spread the word.

Thanks

Hive Team

13. Group into Rooms

Group products into rooms. So if you have multiple light bulbs that you'd like to control as one then you can. Also maybe at the end of the night as you leave the lounge you may want to switch off your TV Plug, Lamps, Fish Tank light etc all in 1 go.

432 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    58 comments  ·  Future functionality  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi There

Thanks for getting in touch with a great idea. The more requests we receive the higher up the priority list this will go, so spread the word.

Thanks

Hive Team

14. HOMEKIT

Despite having a HIVE lighting kit and being quite pleased with it I have just spent £160 on Philips Hue...why?...BECAUSE IT WORKS WITH APPLE HOMEKIT! There are a lot of Apple fans out there who will not touch HIVE until the HOMEKIT issue is sorted, as someone already eluded to on here “About time you gave the customer what they want.”

428 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    51 comments  ·  Future functionality  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Extend IFTTT to include active plugs

I've seen mention of including active lights which is actually now live. Would be great to be able to trigger the active plug on/off so that for example when asking Alexa to trigger bedtime, this could switch off my lights and tv (connected to a plug) and table lamp (connected to a plug)

392 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  50 comments  ·  Future functionality  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Motorised curtains / blinds

motorised curtains / blinds which can either work from a schedule or the automatic sunrise / sunset times from met office.

381 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    37 comments  ·  Future functionality  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Group Active plugs

I'd like to be able to group my Active plugs so that I can switch multiple ones on with one click.

273 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    52 comments  ·  Future functionality  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    started  ·  Hive Product Team responded

Hi there,

While we work on a full grouping solution for plugs you can use our Quick Actions to assign an action to a group of bulbs. For example “Downstairs Plugs On” would switch the specified plugs on using one touch from the dashboard.

Quick Actions are available from Android app version 2.4.1 and iOS app version 7.0 onwards, please make sure your app is up to date to receive the latest features.

Thanks for the feedback!
    The Hive Team

18. Outdoor wifi security camera with audio

Waterproof outdoor wifi camera with motion detector storing clips to Sd card with 2 way audio

262 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    35 comments  ·  Future functionality  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Use Google Home (Google Assistant) to control Hive Heating

As a Hive user, I want to control my heating setting using voice control, so that I can apply those settings from anywhere in proximity to my Google Home unit without the need to open the mobile app.

Given I have a Google Home device and a Hive heating thermostat,
    I can link Hive to google home via the google home app

Given I have successfully linked google home and hive heating thermostat,
    I can use voice commands to control the thermostat settings
    I can ask to "turn the heat up"
    I can ask to "turn the heating down"
    I…

237 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    37 comments  ·  Future functionality  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Integrating Yale Smart lock with Hive system

Yale has developed smart front door locks which requires z-wave module. I would love to buy one but dont want so many different systems in home. It would be great if I can use my Hive system for that. Hive please work with Yale.

217 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    58 comments  ·  Future functionality  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi There

Thanks

Hive Team

← Previous 1 3 4 5 99 100
  • Don't see your idea?

Product ideas

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base