Product ideas

Had an idea for a new Hive Active Heating™ product feature? Our product gurus would love to hear them – post below or vote on what you’d like to see developed next.

So that your feedback wings its way to the right team if you do need technical help or customer service support please email help@hivehome.com.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Offline all the time

My receiver and thermostat go offline all the time. Hive status says everything is fine but even with a signal booster plug and a newer booster both in place, my system goes offline. I call for support and they are nice enough but they can't help. Here's an idea -- fix it or I'll tear the whole thing out and you'll lose a customer and gain even more negative press. I notice that previous post with the same problem are all closed with the response that blames the customers broadband. Funny how we can still stream video.

253 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    202 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Reciever constantly disconnecting (red light) since the installation of door and window sensors; No heat or hot water. Very very annoying.

I've had hive pretty much since launch, and upgraded to the new thermostat when it was launched. All well and good. Then come the plugs and the door sensors - since these have been installed these past couple of days, the receiver is randomly disconnecting, ever 10 - 20 min or so, resulting in a loss of heating and hot water.

100 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    115 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. make the colour changing bulb work with Amazon echo

Alexa does not recognise the new colour changing lighbulb

67 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    9 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Edit default boost temperature

Why does the boost feature now automatically set the temperature to 22C? It used to default to the previous temperature. It would make sense that the initial temperature activated by pressing boost could be editable.

60 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. No signal

Have ongoing issues communicating with my receiver. Worked for the first week then no signal. Fitted signal booster and all good again. But now no signal. Cannot see the receiver again. How can this be?

50 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    52 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Option to stay logged in

Since recent updates I keep having to log in with email and password, before it used to stay logged in. Why is this happening?

47 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    28 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Thermostat & Hub Won't Connect

I think the most important improvement would be concentrating on getting the basic system reliable before adding more problems.

46 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Update Time automatically

I had a powercut and the thermostat id showing the wrong date and time. I had to fix by rebooting the hub, switching the boiler control off and on and then removing batteries in the thermostat. Please explain how I am supposed to do this when I am on holiday (a major selling point of the system)

35 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. App auto refresh

When accessing the App, the main data screen does not automatically refresh to show the current schedule settings / thermostat reading.

Manual refresh of the data / screen is annoying and I cannot see why anyone would want to see the data that was last used by the app rather than the current data.

33 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Active lights

Ever since I installed the hive active lights my thermostat and receiver keeps going offline. Anyone else have this problem?

33 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    37 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Powercut forces schedule reset?

I woke up today to find that my heating and water schedules have both been reset to some default that I don't recognise.

I called your technical line for help. They asked if there's been any power interruption at my house. There was: power was off for maybe 10 minutes yesterday evening.

Your support guy said the powercut explained the schedule change.

But surely your system should be resilient against power outages? Was the explanation I was given correct? Can loss of power reset the schedules? And if that's true, what are your plans to create a more robust system?

31 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Remote reset of Hive Hub

After mains electricity failure all features are showing "disconnected". since I am not at home I am unable to reset the hub. All functions do not work, heating, hot water, motion sensor and plug. This causes me security problems. Hive want me to disconnect hub power supply to reset!

26 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    10 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Remote Hub Reboot Fix DOESN'T WORK!

A recent 'fix' that should enable a remote reboot of the hub following a power outage does not function as required. The only time you can now remotely reboot the hub is when the hub is still online!!! The reboot function is not available after a power outage, but becomes available after physically rebooting at home. A pointless 'fix' that NEEDS FIXING.

23 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Device Offline

Can we not be updated when a device goes offline!! Just got into a cold, dark house because something has stopped working. Having just been burgled this is not what I want, I need HIVE to be reliable!

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. 18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Motion Sensors not sending notifications

I am disgusted to discover today that you have a known issue with motion sensors, where they are not sending alerts and you have not notified customers of this fault. Too behave not even updated your help pages, wasting my and your staffs time.Your staff are helpful, but on Saturday night they were not aware of the issue and reset my Hive remotely. As before sensor notifications worked for a short period and stopped. You can send me emails for the new camera, so why was no warning email sent. No honesty or transparency at Hive. I travel often for…

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    11 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Date updating

It would be very helpful if the App moved automatically to the current date instead of having to be closed and re-opened in order to force it to do so. Thanks

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Reliability

Please do something to stop the Hive system needing a re-set after a power cut. Hive is not tolerant of power cuts, which are very frequent in rural North Yorkshire.
    The system is so unreliable, especially as this is a remote holiday cottage.
    Regards,
    Andrew

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Refresh not updating heating temperature

Using the mobile application, when you click on the refresh button in the top right hand corner of the heating screen, the temperature is not always updated to reflect the current temperature. To retrieve the current temperature you have to restart the mobile app

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Holiday mode.

Why on earth have you changed the location of holiday mode from settings?
    Sometimes I think you just change things for changes sake and now it’s an illogical search to find it

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 16 17
  • Don't see your idea?

Product ideas

Categories