Product ideas

Had an idea for a new Hive Active Heating™ product feature? Our product gurus would love to hear them – post below or vote on what you’d like to see developed next.

So that your feedback wings its way to the right team if you do need technical help or customer service support please email help@hivehome.com.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Temperature Trend Data

It would be great if you could add extra data to the temperature graphs you show on the website dashboard. For example:
    - outside temperature
    - a barchart superimposed to show when "call for heat" sent to boiler (giving an approximation of gas usage)
    - average temperature set point (thermostat value) in the postcode/region
    - ultimately a "heat map" of the UK showing regional temperatures would be great!

3,038 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    planned  ·  300 comments  ·  Graphs & information  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Heating on/off log

I would like to see a heating on/off log. I keep my heating on manual to 22 degrees and would be a nice to see how long the heating stays on, when it comes on etc.

136 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    19 comments  ·  Graphs & information  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 109 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    11 comments  ·  Graphs & information  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. heating history in app

as a user, I want to see my heating history so that I do not have to log in through the website

67 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Graphs & information  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Data download function

Is it possible to acquire temperature data from system to on a continual basis, rather than just getting average min and max every month.
    I am looking to fine tune heating system in building and would like 24hr temp profile and actual heating time data

57 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Graphs & information  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Temperature chart in App

Add the chart viewing functionality of temperature to the app. Why is there a need to log into the website to do this?

43 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Graphs & information  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. provide Heating Temperature History in the app, which is available when I log in on my browser

when I log in to hivehome.com, I am able to view my Heating Temperature History. It is rather a long-winded process, which I would have thought would be able to be incorporated in to the app so that I don't have to use my browser.

40 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Event log

An event log with date, time, and event that can be filtered and searched through.

25 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Graphs & information  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Graphs on iOS app

It would be great to see some of the trend graphs that can be seen on the web on the iOS app.

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. 17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Graphs & information  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. have a graph that shows how long it takes your heating to reach your desired temperature, indicating poor insulation or design

having a graph that shows the time taken for your heating system to reach your desired temperature would allow you to see whether your heating system is underpowered, poorly insulated, or your radiators are not adequate. would be especially useful when compared to other users with similar sized homes as is done currently with the average home temperatures. it would be easy to implement as all that data is already collected by the thermostat, it just needs expressed as an easy to view colour chart.

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Boiler on/off time chart

Would be nice to have a chart following when the boiler fires up and when it shuts down. Shouldn't be too hard since the hardware already recognises when the boiler fires.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Heating and Water Activity Log

Activity log; Would be useful to see how many times the heating has fired up over a period of time and temperatures at the thermo and also how many times the water has been heated etc

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. 11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Raw Data Access

Access to the raw temperature time-history data (in CSV format?) to allow people (i.e. geeks like me!) to do their own analysis of the data.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Simple Graph Showing Thermostat Trend

How easy would it be to add a graph to the app/website to show outdoor temp and indoor temp on an hourly basis? If the Hive Thermostat is constantly talking to the hub then surely this could be done? It could be a great tool to find out how efficient you've been and any tweaks the end user could make to save money on gas/electrical use....
    Cheers,
    Gav

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Temperature Graph for app

Love the temperature graph that’s avo for the PC version.

Please can we have this for the app.

Kind regards

Bruce

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Still allow access to temperature history when in holiday mode

If the thermostat is in Holiday Mode the web interface only shows the holiday mode page, and you don't have access to the temperature history. It would be useful to still see this.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Allow for temperature graphs in Android app

The Android app does not show temperature graphs however the website does

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Heating graphs

It would be good to be able to have a graph you can look at to see how quickly your temperature changes in your house. It means you can get an idea of how well insulated your house is and how quickly it heats up once cold.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7
  • Don't see your idea?

Product ideas

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base