How can we improve Hive Active Heating™ and what would you like to see developed next?

Enable the download of temperature data and weather conditions to a csv

109 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

11 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Kevin Kennedy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is it possible to download activity / temperature data from my account - either manually or through an API? Similarly, to be able to control my Hive devices across an API?

• Andrew Gibbs commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Doesn't have to be a CSV file - a RESTful interface + JSON would work fine (and probably be preferred, so I could automate it).

• stephen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We have Hive Active Heating, and the new Door/window & motion sensors, so Please , please, please enable download of csv data, as the Web & Phone App display does not meet my needs. My father has parkinson's and is prone to wandering and falls. And we use the Hive sytem make sure the house is nice and warm and monitor his movements so if he can't or forgets to trigger his medi aleart button we can do so for him using the Hive Data.

• Adie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A download would let you do what *you* wanted with the data, instead of only seeing the basic graphs that Hive provides. To praphrase Fitbit - it's *my* data. It would be useful to see patterns in energy use, for instance showing how/when you used the boost or correlate manual adjustments with external temperatures or visitors etc.

• andy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If the data was available for download that the hive system has to record any way it would limit the number of requests to 'show me this, show me that'.
    Most people want ABC, but for the people who want XYZ a download of the data means they can use it in something like Excel or Visible by Tableau on the iPad and see the data however they want.

• Ceirion Jones commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We all have computers and spreadsheets etc, so it would be great if we could export the data stored for offline analysis. For example correlating the hourly outside temperature (which I have already) with the boiler call for heat threshold schedule. This would allow the effect of improving home insulation and draught exclusion to be assessed

• Justin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be really nice to be able to export data to csv format such as temperature data, on / off times etc...

Feedback and Knowledge Base