How can we improve Hive Active Heating™ and what would you like to see developed next?

Ifttt support

It would be great if hive allowed ifttt (if this then that) interaction to allow customers to personalise how the hive works

1,063 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    closed  ·  AdminProduct Team (Admin, Hive) responded  · 

We’ve got some great news to share! We have just launched a new channel on the ever popular internet of things platform, ‘If This Then That’ (IFTTT). This means that you can now set up your Hive Active Heating™ to be triggered by other products in the IFTTT ecosystem.

Now that we’re part of the IFTTT family, it means that you can connect your Hive products to over 300 other products and service’s channels, from BMW to The Weather Channel app.

You’ll be able to connect these and trigger the following actions:

- Setting the temperature to a value you specify

- Boosting your heating

- Boosting your hot water

- Switching your thermostat to ‘schedule mode’

- Turning your thermostat off

We’re here to help on Twitter @HiveHelper if you have any questions.

We hope that this partnership will help you bring a little Hive magic to your everyday, and we’ll be adding more to the platform in the future.

The Hive team

217 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Philip commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I use IFFT to turn on my Hive lights at sunset. It would be useful if IFFT supported the Active Plugs as well so that I can activate my floor lamps at sunset as well.

• Richard Jones commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I just got some Hive lights with my heating insurance. I might cancel the insurance as I thought the offer was good but now I realise the home automation features are quite second rate in comparison to other vendors. Can you give us a date when IFTTT control of lights and power sockets etc will be included?

• ivan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to use ifttt to switch on plugs connectef to heaters when the weather gets cold. When will you have plug, light and sensor support for ifttt in hive.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I got the lights free when I signed up for insurance, I'm not buying anything else until the whole range of products gets ifttt support!

• John Frisby commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thats really good, however what about you lights??? You have a great product but just looking at IFTTT, HUE is massive..... You are going to get left behind.....

Need this with lights! Also turning on lights using your Geolocation! This really should be integrated by now!

• Martin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any update on this? Would love to use my lights with ifttt (lights on when I get home in the eve) but this feature seems lacking.. I see Philips hue works?

This shouldnt be closed till you add the other hive items - at least the plugs and then the motion sensors

You can't really close this when you haven't enabled it for the full platform...

Having waited 2 years since BG promised the IFTTT support was "coming soon" it's hugely disappointing to see the support they have added is SO limited it's practically useless.

As other have pointed out, we need a trigger channel not just actions so that things can be triggered based on things like changes in room temperature, target temperature, boost activated, etc. It's not real IFTT support without actually being able to trigger something based on the Hive!

Also, the range of actions is incredibly limited too. We need actions to Boost heating to X for duration Y, Boost hot water for X, cancel heating boost, cancel hot water boost, update schedule, etc.

It would also be useful if the very limited actions available also actually worked. For instance, one would expect that if the Hive was in boost mode and a "reset to schedule" action was triggered that the hive would come out of boost and actually reset to schedule; it doesn't, the boost just continues. Granted if it's simply at a different target temp and it gets a reset to schedule it works, but reset to schedule should mean exactly that not just reset in one particular instance.

Basically, look at what Nest have supported for years!! To say you've now "completed" IFTTT support is ridiculous. It seems you've done the absolute minimum necessary so that you can say you have IFTTT support when the truth is you've only done half the job. We need a comprehensive trigger channel, we need the current actions to actually work properly and we need more actions.

When will you be doing the rest of the work so that it's actually some use? And please DON'T say "soon" again as I'm not waiting another 2 years!

• Martin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Good news and a great start with IFTTT! I'm already using the recipes but as already mentioned adding support for your plugs, lights and sensors (or even one of these) would be a big win! Keep up the good work, this is an industry leading IoT solution for consumers (in the U.K.)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 10 11

Feedback and Knowledge Base