How can we improve Hive Active Heating™ and what would you like to see developed next?

Hive remote access is down a lot.

Fix the system!!! We have all paid a lot of money for something that is down a lot.

17 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Bob shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

139 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hive need to get this sorted - total lack of knowledge at Hive customer services paid good money for a system that will not work

• Mags commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

No heating AGAIN. Second time since Hive was installed a month ago. Everything looks like it is working according to app, but boiler is not on. Last time it switched on itself as if by magic. I have a newish boiler by the way. Getting sick of this. Call the helpline 0333 number, lady gives me another number to call (0800), call this and it says this number no longer available to call - yes - the original 0333 number again. Going mad..

• Lee commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

360 hub continues to lose connection to thermostat every day. Only had the system for 3 weeks and I want to rip it out. Thermo and receiver perfect, but ever a time I want to control / check system from the app the heating is always offline. Just happened again this evening and 20 min after rebooting the 360 it finally connected again. One fancy expensive doorstop

My Hive Hub - HUB317 keeps on freezing while I am away on holiday. When accessed from abroad I have been given the message, "Hive off Line" The advice on how to reset your hub is useless because the hub is not on line. I was sold the product on the understanding that it could be easily accessed and my home controlled from abroad. Hive, what are you going to do about a product that certainly doesn't fulfil the purpose it is supposed to be designed for??

Hive's response to why I need to periodically reset their kit by depowering Hive next to my BT Broadband router is for me continue doing this activity. Hive was provided, I think free of charge as part of a boiler change package over 5 years ago The alternative is to upgade at 180+ pounds discounted from c250. The helpful? Hive rep. fobbed me off with a lame excuse of the wireless aspect fading over time. The fact that it can be rebooted by depowering proves their response is fatuous. Probably the best course of action will be to reset Hive prior to going away for more than a couple of days and hope that it doesn't go down whilst away. The fact they only offer a years warranty on an electronic product infers that the product, new offering, maybe equally unreliable i.e. it tends to fail when away and the ambient temp. in the house is falling towards the trigger point to bring the heating on at c7C. I consider most electronic kit should last at least 10 years and that the software, embedded or otherwise, should be robust enough to acheive 10 years as well,

• M commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What a waste of money, bought this so I could turn heating on while out, just keeps telling me I'm off line, when I'm home the app works ok, but I find it quicker to just get up and alter settings on the thermostat itself. Customer services don't know what they are talking about, told me to turn on 4G, IT'S A 4G PHONE. Useless!

• Peter commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am unable to schedule my warm light bulb since last update. Just pops up with under maintenance banner. This is now two weeks.
        Tried refresh and re- adding the device.
        Still unable to schedule

• Bb commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My Hive stopped workinking 3 times in one day I was told it is too old ( 3 yers ) I need to buy new one as the Hive upgraded the system the old hub will not work .I am so angry , that make people to buy more and more products . Do the computer or telephone every time the is upgrad you need to buy new one !!!!!!!!

After two years of being thrilled with my hive it is now offline more than on and is therefore an expensive white elephant. I can no longer program my heating and am considering having it uninstalled but not sure what this would entail?

still the app wont work. it used to work until they started adding hive lights, hive security etc. now the whole system is on its arse. i am sick of this rubbish.

they keep telling me its my fault. only working computers for 20 years. the lies i get are awful shite.

• Andy Venn-Walton commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My app on both my iPhones seems to be working at all has been intermittent since buying in November. I’m not happy and will be calling customer service as I’m paying out monthly for something that just isn’t working. I’m also not confident the thermostat is showing the right temp either so off to get something to cross ref against. I bought this to control Remotly but I cannot

I just changed from Apple to Android phone and the connection speed of the Hive app is terrible now, any reason why this could be a problem?

My hive as worked brilliant over 2 years an now its stopped working if this is not fixed when I get home I will be ripping it out an put a normal thermostat in you cant beat the old ways

• N. koyama commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hive not working after less than a year. One hour on the phone wasted whilst engineer tried to solve the problem remotely. Then, an appointment was made for a live engineer’s visit but this was cancelled. Then a new appointment but no show from the British Gas engineer so far ,( nearly the end of the day), no telephone message either. Beginning to think that this is a poor product with less than brilliant service by British Gas.

I was sold by British Gas I had my electric and gas heating for many year. I was sold Hive the idea that it good for use when on holiday. When is off line the help line suggest checking all connecting device, but how can one do this when not at home???? So how can this be fixed do fix this at your control centre????

• kb commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

had it a week and it's down this is unacceptable and a waste of my £ misrepresentation and awful customer service

Had hive a few weeks , using only the thermostat to control heating no issues , however after downloading the app and trying to use the remote function can't get thermostat or receiver to appear online , the router shows online but have no remote app control over heating , and last 2 days thermostat now not connecting to receiver, message on thermostat says contact customer services, changed perfectly good thermostat to hive for fuck all. #With hive you canT control your home from your phone#

• Joan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

"Unfortunately Hive has stopped". This is the message appearing on my android mobile phone every day, followed by a choice of either Report or Ok. I have reported it several times, no response from anyone. I've deleted the app and reinstalled it several times, switched the phone on and off several times, hoping the next time I reinstall, switch off and back on that the app will work. No it doesn't. No good if I want to remotely use Hive when I'm out of the house. That's part of the idea of Hive, right? Any ideas?

• Colin McKay commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

UK Brit Gas system.Last night hive stopped working and would not recognise my login details. A warning was up on the status page regarding this very fault which they claimed they were fixing. This morning the status page no longer shows the fault yet I still cannot log on despite password resets. Hive what a waste of money!

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7

Feedback and Knowledge Base