How can we improve Hive Active Heating™ and what would you like to see developed next?

Hive remote access is down a lot.

Fix the system!!! We have all paid a lot of money for something that is down a lot.

17 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Bob shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

125 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • N. koyama commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hive not working after less than a year. One hour on the phone wasted whilst engineer tried to solve the problem remotely. Then, an appointment was made for a live engineer’s visit but this was cancelled. Then a new appointment but no show from the British Gas engineer so far ,( nearly the end of the day), no telephone message either. Beginning to think that this is a poor product with less than brilliant service by British Gas.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I was sold by British Gas I had my electric and gas heating for many year. I was sold Hive the idea that it good for use when on holiday. When is off line the help line suggest checking all connecting device, but how can one do this when not at home???? So how can this be fixed do fix this at your control centre????

• kb commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

had it a week and it's down this is unacceptable and a waste of my £ misrepresentation and awful customer service

Had hive a few weeks , using only the thermostat to control heating no issues , however after downloading the app and trying to use the remote function can't get thermostat or receiver to appear online , the router shows online but have no remote app control over heating , and last 2 days thermostat now not connecting to receiver, message on thermostat says contact customer services, changed perfectly good thermostat to hive for fuck all. #With hive you canT control your home from your phone#

• Joan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

"Unfortunately Hive has stopped". This is the message appearing on my android mobile phone every day, followed by a choice of either Report or Ok. I have reported it several times, no response from anyone. I've deleted the app and reinstalled it several times, switched the phone on and off several times, hoping the next time I reinstall, switch off and back on that the app will work. No it doesn't. No good if I want to remotely use Hive when I'm out of the house. That's part of the idea of Hive, right? Any ideas?

• Colin McKay commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

UK Brit Gas system.Last night hive stopped working and would not recognise my login details. A warning was up on the status page regarding this very fault which they claimed they were fixing. This morning the status page no longer shows the fault yet I still cannot log on despite password resets. Hive what a waste of money!

• Bobby commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Following a power cut three days ago, the hive hub stopped working and everything is offline. Have had 3 separate calls to hive "support" who basically tell you to switch it off and switch it on again. Now told that a replacement hub will be sent to me in 3 to 5 working days and to call for further instructions once I receive it. Not very impressed - surely it should be more resilient to power cuts. Will have been off for over a week, not quite the smart remote control I thought i was investing in.

My hive is awful. so glad i didn't and most definitely will not be, buy the heating. My hub is just about active but constantly drops its signal and trying to connect to to the motion sensor and lights is just a false hope no matter how many times i try. What an absolute rip off. There should be a law against selling stuff that just does not work.

My app is sooo slow its unusable! Quicker just to walk up to the thermostat to turn it up or down rather than waiting for the app to load... was working fine up until a few months ago. Support say they are waiting for a big backend upgrade that will fix these issues.

• K commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

£500 for something that seems to be offline half the time- avoid this system! Why are BG only offering this when you need s new thermostat?

Is the British gas home hive heating control system really rubbish?? If so. Why can they charge £250 for installation!!

• Julie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hive not working again even after having another box , spent a lot of money having a new boiler and being told .. have the hive it's brilliant , is it really fed up with this

• Roidney Fountain commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My Hive has a message " Unfortunately Hive has stopped" then gives me a choice of Report or OK. The strange thing is that it works on my Wife's phone. My e mail to Hive has not been replied to, since it went down on Wednesday afternoon. Not good enough Hive

My mobile hive app on android nor responding. Ipad app is!! It's been 2 days not working.

• derek bland commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

my hive app stopped working at 17-30 on the 29-3-17, can you give me the reason
        for this happening .

yours, d bland

• Darinda Singh commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Disappointing that nobody from Hive has responded to these comments. Concerning too...

First world problem having to get out of bed to turn the heating on - but what have we paid for if not exactly that?!

Please help. My hive apps in my phone stopped working. All wifi, phone, boiler control restarted but still not working.

• Alex commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Using the hive android app and it's continueously crashing. I've uninstalled the app, restarted the phone reinstalled the app and it's still not crashing. I tried this on two sepatate handsets. The app version 1.2.8.03 launches I put in my login credentials hit enter and then it crashes.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7

Feedback and Knowledge Base