How can we improve Hive Active Heating™ and what would you like to see developed next?

Obstructive Customer Service Response

My daughter bought a brand new hive unit from a third party seller. She had extreme difficulty getting her online account sorted out with BG customer service staff seemingly doing everything they could to say she couldn't have an account as she had not bought the unit direct from BG even although she told you that she had been given a voucher code to allow an account to be opened.

I then went onto the online help "chat" facility and had the same problem. I said I was thinking of buying a unit from a 3rd party and asked if it would be a problem. The first response was "not recommended to buy from 3rd party". I pushed a bit and the response was "can't set up an account for a unit not bought from BG". I pushed a bit more and was told I would have to buy a new hub at £99. When I said this could be construed as anticompetitive I was told it could be done if the seller gave authority for the account to be set up.

In the meantime, my daughter spoke to the 3rd party seller who, with one phone call to BG, got the issue sorted.

Please get your act together Hive. If you are prepared to sell your units wholesale to third party sellers, don't then be obstructive to the end user.

1 vote
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

0 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google