Product ideas

Had an idea for a new Hive Active Heating™ product feature? Our product gurus would love to hear them – post below or vote on what you’d like to see developed next.

So that your feedback wings its way to the right team if you do need technical help or customer service support please email help@hivehome.com.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Wireless Radiator Thermostat Valves?

Come on British Gas when are you going to introduce wireless individual radiator valves allowing control of individual radiator temperatures. Now that would be full control of our water and heating system!

5,847 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    651 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Prevent temperature overshoot

Scenario:
    Heating scheduled to come on at 6am to heat the flat to 21 deg. Boiler switches off when the flat reaches 21, but the leftover heat in the radiators heats the house to 24, wasting energy and money.
    Solution:
    The hive system learns that temperature is 'likely' to overshoot, so pauses heating for a while when the flat reaches 18 degrees, to 'see' if that still heats the room up.

611 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    started  ·  124 comments  ·  Thermostat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Advance to next event option for hot water control

Hi,

You have an "advance to next event" option for central heating but not for hot water. This is a really useful option - could you add the same option for hot water?

Thanks

Chris

574 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    started  ·  208 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Group Active plugs

I'd like to be able to group my Active plugs so that I can switch multiple ones on with one click.

276 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    52 comments  ·  Future functionality  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    started  ·  Hive Product Team responded

Hi there,

While we work on a full grouping solution for plugs you can use our Quick Actions to assign an action to a group of bulbs. For example “Downstairs Plugs On” would switch the specified plugs on using one touch from the dashboard.

Quick Actions are available from Android app version 2.4.1 and iOS app version 7.0 onwards, please make sure your app is up to date to receive the latest features.

Thanks for the feedback!
    The Hive Team

5. Warning for heating failure

Our boiler sometimes stops working due to a fault and needs resetting. But sometimes we don't notice it for hours or days and realize the house is cold. Perhaps hive could send a notification when:
    - heating is on
    - temperature is getting lower not higher

It could be setup via prefs, eg
    Alert if heating on and temp not raised by at least 0.5deg in 15min.

211 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    32 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi there,

We’re currently working on a solution for this where a notification is sent to your phone when your heating isn’t working as it should. For example if your boiler doesn’t turn on or your home isn’t warming up, you’ll be alerted. The Hive app then helps you diagnose the problem and can connect you to an engineer if you need one.

Currently this feature is limited to customers with a Hive Active Heating subscription with British Gas, but we’re looking to roll it out to all our customers as soon as we can.

Thanks for the feedback!
    The Hive Team

6. Local Time

Include display of Local Time at Hive location on both Schedule & Control screens. Similarly Schedule screen should highlight current setting.
    NOTE: as a new user wanted to verify that my Hive had changed it's time for Spring Forward. But not possible! Also, as regularly overseas, would be good to see my Hive was working to it's local time and not to device device location time.

59 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    started  ·  9 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Alexa skills for Hive - Need more control so as to save energy

Currently use Alexa to voice control my Hive System which is great. My only comment is that the commands are very limited and some cases are costing me money! For example when I ask Alexa to boost the hot water it defaults to 1 hour. Need a command to allow it to boost for only half an hour. If I ask Alexa to boost the heating it defaults the 22c and one hour. Need to be able to set boost temperature as this temperature is too high. If you turn on heating outside the schedule then ask Alexa to turn…

35 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi everyone,

Boost is in the custom Alexa skill as it is not supported on the Smart Home skill. We are working being able to customise it further in future releases.

Thanks,
    The Hive team

8. Alexa skill needs broader understanding

The Alexa skill is currently useless because the phrases I can use are so narrow. It's like nobody tested the skill with real people and the things they actually say.
    For example "Alexa tell Hive to turn heating on" works but "Alexa tell Hive to turn on heating" fails :( same failure with "turn up the heating" "make it hotter/colder in here" "make it warmer"
    It's very easy to add this into the Alexa skill and I can see many people complaining as I am. Why hasn't the Alexa app been improved?

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    started  ·  2 comments  ·  Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Product ideas

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base