Product ideas

Had an idea for a new Hive Active Heating™ product feature? Our product gurus would love to hear them – post below or vote on what you’d like to see developed next.

So that your feedback wings its way to the right team if you do need technical help or customer service support please email help@hivehome.com.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Temperature Trend Data

It would be great if you could add extra data to the temperature graphs you show on the website dashboard. For example:
    - outside temperature
    - a barchart superimposed to show when "call for heat" sent to boiler (giving an approximation of gas usage)
    - average temperature set point (thermostat value) in the postcode/region
    - ultimately a "heat map" of the UK showing regional temperatures would be great!

3,038 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    planned  ·  300 comments  ·  Graphs & information  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Multiple users for one boiler

I'm in a flatshare with 2 others, and we've had Hive installed. The mobile phone app is great, but as far as I can see we have to share log in details. It's not a major issue, but it'd be nicer to be able to make sub accounts for the others, so they can also control the heating without having to learn my email address. Minor thing I know...

1,092 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  104 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Smarter geolocation

Please can the geolocation function be improved to not only look at the temperature inside your home but also determine if the heating is running or not.

For example in the summer when the app notifies me that I'm leaving the house and the temperature is above 18.5 (which I have set) it's kind of irrelevant as the heating isn't actually running so there is nothing I can do to drop to ambient temperature...

125 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  15 comments  ·  Geolocation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Notification if heatings on in the night

It would be useful to get notifications if heating is on in the middle of the night. i.e. Notify me if temperature is 19deg and the boiler is fired and aiming for 24deg at 02:00am.

44 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  7 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Updated app for iPhone 6 and 6+

Minor thing but an updated up to take advantage of the iPhone 6 and 6 plus screen resolutions would be great. Most of often used apps now support this.

40 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  23 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Product ideas

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base