Product ideas

Had an idea for a new Hive Active Heating™ product feature? Our product gurus would love to hear them – post below or vote on what you’d like to see developed next.

So that your feedback wings its way to the right team if you do need technical help or customer service support please email help@hivehome.com.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Wireless Radiator Thermostat Valves?

Come on British Gas when are you going to introduce wireless individual radiator valves allowing control of individual radiator temperatures. Now that would be full control of our water and heating system!

5,850 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    650 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Home Kit by Apple

Hi.

Are you going to be a part of Home Kit by Apple (Announced 2nd June 2014) so that Customers could select a theme for the entire house and Hive be the 'heating/water heating component'?

Example:

Theme could be bedtime, which would mean (Philips Hue lights go out and Hive heating goes off all from one theme setting in Apple's Home app). This is why a while ago I suggested you released a bulb which uses the Hive Hub as a router- so all home stuff is tied together for simplicity. Apple beat me to market. :)

Many thanks,

Dr.…

4,379 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  549 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Remote light switch

Forget remote bulbs we need remote replacement seiches so we can turn any light on and off when we like via the app. Bulbs are no use as too many different fittings !

4,151 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  440 comments  ·  Future functionality  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Add a door bell video camera functionality

With a camera door bell it could link to the hive hub and contact the property owners mobile allowing video calling between phone and unit. It would allow you to see who was at the door and converse directly with them without them knowing whether you were in the property or not. Could have a chime unit in the house. At home it could be just a bell but away from home would act like a security device.

3,348 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  421 comments  ·  Future functionality  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Temperature Trend Data

It would be great if you could add extra data to the temperature graphs you show on the website dashboard. For example:
    - outside temperature
    - a barchart superimposed to show when "call for heat" sent to boiler (giving an approximation of gas usage)
    - average temperature set point (thermostat value) in the postcode/region
    - ultimately a "heat map" of the UK showing regional temperatures would be great!

3,030 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  299 comments  ·  Graphs & information  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Hive HD Security/Family Camera

It would be really cool to be able to connect a Hive security camera to the hive system so that when away from the house if it detects movement you can view the HD footage from your phone. The camera should also offer night vision for evening movement. It could also double as a baby cam. Having the ability to store an save moments would also add to the appeal as sometimes the funny moments you want to keep happen when the camera is not rolling. I know Nest has this very cool feature, but I know Hive would do…

2,255 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    351 comments  ·  Future functionality  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Geolocation should turn heating off!

Geolocation great idea ruined by the fact it doesn't really do anything useful...
    Instead of notifying you I want the option for it to actually turn heating off or on

2,226 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    343 comments  ·  Geolocation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi there,

While we’ll continue to try and improve the geolocation feature within the Hive app you can now link your Hive to your location through IFTTT. You can see example recipes here: https://ifttt.com/p/hive/shared – hope it helps!

Thanks,
    The Hive team

8. Carbon monoxide and smoke alarm with ability to turn off boiler

A carbon monoxide and smoke alarm linked to the system would be a great safety feature that would send out a notification when the alarm goes off. In the event of a carbon monoxide alarm the boiler can be turned off automatically.

2,165 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  145 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Hot Water Temperature Sensor

Sell me a sensor (wireless battery device) to attach to the Hot Water Tank that shows me the current water temperature, as well as a graphical history of the temperature and water heat demand history. Very Low Power Consumption transmits ie transmits once every 10-15 mins. Does not need to replace the Hot Water Tank Thermostat just a sensor, but it could be used to learn... Demand needs

1,648 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  218 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Temperature by learning mode

Learning mode to use data of your heating times so that when you set 6am 21 degrees

The thermostat uses past data to try to achieve that temperature at that time so may start at 5.30 to get up to 21 degrees by 6 am

1,507 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    121 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Different Size Smart Bulbs

A wider selection of smart bulb sizes would be useful. The current bulb only appears to be available in one size (E27 or B22) with a screw or bayonet fitting. These do not fit my lamps which are very much a standard size (E14) and I suspect an awful lot of people will have the same problem.

1,422 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    283 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi There

Thanks for getting in touch with a great idea. The more requests we receive the higher up the priority list this will go, so spread the word.

Thanks

Hive Team

12. Alarm and CCTV

To broaden the use of hive so the hub can be used with an alarm and CCTV SYSTEM.

1,256 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    128 comments  ·  Future functionality  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Hive Light Bulbs - Sunset Option

Hive light bulbs can be preprogrammed to turn on and off at a specific time.
    Program a "sunset/sunrise" option that would turn the lights on/off a (user) specific time before or after sunset or sunrise so the timer does not need to be continually adjusted. Great if the home is unoccupied etc

1,210 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    207 comments  ·  Future functionality  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  Hive Product Team responded

Hi there,

We’ve added sunset and sunrise as an input in our new Actions feature. So you can set a bulb or plug to come on or off an hour either side of sunset or sunrise. It will adjust automatically too depending on the time of year.

Sunset and sunrise are available from Android app version 2.4.1 and iOS app version 7.0 onwards. Please make sure your app is up to date to receive the latest features.

Thanks for the feedback!
    The Hive Team

14. Multi bulb use

I have 3 hive bulbs in 1light but it takes up 3 spaces on my hive dash board it would be good if some how you can link the bulbs together so I can control them all at once in one light fitting

1,207 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    199 comments  ·  Future functionality  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  Hive Product Team responded

Hi there,

You can now link bulbs together using Quick Actions to assign an action to a group of bulbs. For example “Lounge Bulbs On” would switch the bulbs in your lounge on using one touch from the dashboard. You can create a Quick Action by tapping the plus button on the bottom right hand side of the dashboard.

Quick Actions are available from Android app version 2.4.1 and iOS app version 7.0 onwards, please make sure your app is up to date to receive the latest features.

Thanks for the feedback!
    The Hive Team

15. An wireless outside temperature sensor.

That would integrate with Hive and give a more accurate reading of the external temperature. This would allow Hive to automatically adjust the internal temperature according to the outside conditions.

1,174 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  73 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Multiple users for one boiler

I'm in a flatshare with 2 others, and we've had Hive installed. The mobile phone app is great, but as far as I can see we have to share log in details. It's not a major issue, but it'd be nicer to be able to make sub accounts for the others, so they can also control the heating without having to learn my email address. Minor thing I know...

1,064 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  102 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Control of multiple hives with one login.

Have a main login then add a profile for each property. I have 2 hives one for main house and the other for the annexe. it would be nice to login once and flip between the two rather than logout typing login details and password details.

932 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  218 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Group active light bulbs

Not sure if anyone has posted this but I am a fan of the active lights but it's frustrating when I can't group bulbs at a room level.
    Eg. If I have two lights in the living room, group them together and I can switch on or off together instead of individually as I do at the moment.

910 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  121 comments  ·  Future functionality  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Is it possible to link the British gas smart meter data to this app.

Is it possible to link British gas smart meter data to this app. This would give me total control of my heating consumption.

793 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  37 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. OK Google. set temp 22 degrees.

Control for Hive thermostat through Google Home/Google Assistant

783 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    191 comments  ·  Future functionality  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 238 239
  • Don't see your idea?

Product ideas

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base